Rome, Milan could host Euro 2020 games
Rome: Rome and Milan are in the race to host the Euro 2020 as UEFA, the ruling body of football in Europe, mulls to host the showpiece tournament across the continent to celebrate the competition`s 60th anniversary.
Italian football federation (FIGC) chief Giancarlo Abete believes that Rome and Milan have a fair chance, reports Xinhua.
"Rome had a Champions League Final not so long ago," Abete noted. "And Milan could soon have one assigned. Italy is prepared to host matches in the 2020 European Championship. Rome and Milan are great cities capable of hosting such an important event."
Rome`s Stadio Olimpico has a capacity of around 72,000 while San Siro can currently play host to 80,000 supporters.
Meanwhile, Poland will also strive to be one of the organisers of the Euro 2020 football championship, Prime Minister Donald Tusk said.
Tusk added that the most likely candidate was the Polish capital Warsaw. Poland co-hosted Euro 2012 with neighbouring Ukraine between June 8 and July 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- India exerting diplomatic pressure to ban JeM chief Masood Azhar: Govt
- Facebook rewards 10-year-old for discovering flaw in Instagram
- Google autonomous car project teams with Fiat Chrysler
- Will shoot policemen if they continue to harass BJP workers, warns BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Brazil court scraps suspension of WhatsApp