Rome, Milan could host Euro 2020 games
Rome: Rome and Milan are in the race to host the Euro 2020 as UEFA, the ruling body of football in Europe, mulls to host the showpiece tournament across the continent to celebrate the competition`s 60th anniversary.
Italian football federation (FIGC) chief Giancarlo Abete believes that Rome and Milan have a fair chance, reports Xinhua.
"Rome had a Champions League Final not so long ago," Abete noted. "And Milan could soon have one assigned. Italy is prepared to host matches in the 2020 European Championship. Rome and Milan are great cities capable of hosting such an important event."
Rome`s Stadio Olimpico has a capacity of around 72,000 while San Siro can currently play host to 80,000 supporters.
Meanwhile, Poland will also strive to be one of the organisers of the Euro 2020 football championship, Prime Minister Donald Tusk said.
Tusk added that the most likely candidate was the Polish capital Warsaw. Poland co-hosted Euro 2012 with neighbouring Ukraine between June 8 and July 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics