Ronaldinho `available` for Brazil recall

Last Updated: Saturday, September 1, 2012 - 19:50

Rio de Janeiro: Ronaldinho says he is ready to return to Brazil`s national team should coach Mano Menezes recall the rejuvenated star.

The former Barcelona and AC Milan playmaker has been in scintillating form since his move to Atletico Mineiro from Flamengo in June.

Earlier this week, Brazil`s Football Confederation (CBF) president Jose Maria Marin said the "door was open" for Ronaldinho to return to international football.

"Right now I`m only thinking about playing for Atletico but if the national team needs me I will be available,"

Atletico is leading the Brazilian Serie A standings with Ronaldinho showing the form that made him a two-time winner of the FIFA player of the year award.

The 32-year-old admitted he was revelling in his midfield role, the position he occupied during his zenith at Barcelona.

"I have never been as happy as I am at this club," Ronaldinho said.

"I feel like I am participating more by playing in the midfield. I am touching the ball a lot more than I did playing in attack.

Atletico`s next match in Brazil`s top flight will be Sunday against reigning champions Corinthians.

IANS



First Published: Saturday, September 1, 2012 - 19:50

comments powered by Disqus

Quote

He (Lionel Messi) does things that I've not seen Captain Tsubasa do or what can be done on a Playstation video game - they border on the unimaginable.

Barcelona coach, Luis Enrique