Ronaldinho `available` for Brazil recall
Rio de Janeiro: Ronaldinho says he is ready to return to Brazil`s national team should coach Mano Menezes recall the rejuvenated star.
The former Barcelona and AC Milan playmaker has been in scintillating form since his move to Atletico Mineiro from Flamengo in June.
Earlier this week, Brazil`s Football Confederation (CBF) president Jose Maria Marin said the "door was open" for Ronaldinho to return to international football.
"Right now I`m only thinking about playing for Atletico but if the national team needs me I will be available,"
Atletico is leading the Brazilian Serie A standings with Ronaldinho showing the form that made him a two-time winner of the FIFA player of the year award.
The 32-year-old admitted he was revelling in his midfield role, the position he occupied during his zenith at Barcelona.
"I have never been as happy as I am at this club," Ronaldinho said.
"I feel like I am participating more by playing in the midfield. I am touching the ball a lot more than I did playing in attack.
Atletico`s next match in Brazil`s top flight will be Sunday against reigning champions Corinthians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- SpaceX Dragon cargo craft departs International Space Station
- Modi-inspired khadi outfits for Goa officials every Friday
- Uttar Pradesh Police personnel to get offs every 10 days
- Eight police killed in southeast Turkey car bomb attack: Report
- AAP 'intentionally' framed Punjab chief Chhotepur before expelling him: Dharamvira Gandhi