Ronaldinho `available` for Brazil recall
Rio de Janeiro: Ronaldinho says he is ready to return to Brazil`s national team should coach Mano Menezes recall the rejuvenated star.
The former Barcelona and AC Milan playmaker has been in scintillating form since his move to Atletico Mineiro from Flamengo in June.
Earlier this week, Brazil`s Football Confederation (CBF) president Jose Maria Marin said the "door was open" for Ronaldinho to return to international football.
"Right now I`m only thinking about playing for Atletico but if the national team needs me I will be available,"
Atletico is leading the Brazilian Serie A standings with Ronaldinho showing the form that made him a two-time winner of the FIFA player of the year award.
The 32-year-old admitted he was revelling in his midfield role, the position he occupied during his zenith at Barcelona.
"I have never been as happy as I am at this club," Ronaldinho said.
"I feel like I am participating more by playing in the midfield. I am touching the ball a lot more than I did playing in attack.
Atletico`s next match in Brazil`s top flight will be Sunday against reigning champions Corinthians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- M&M incorporates Mahindra Airways as wholly-owned subsidiary
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies