Ronaldinho denies indiscipline charge
Rio de Janeiro: Ronaldinho has denied accusations of indiscipline at Flamengo and says delayed payments were his prime reason for leaving the club.
Ronaldinho quit Flamengo Thursday and is suing the Rio de Janeiro outfit for $20 million in unpaid wages and image rights.
Flamengo`s football manager Zinho Friday lambasted the former Barcelona and AC Milan star`s regular absences from training and even accused him of arriving at one session under the influence of alcohol.
"At the worst, I arrived at training tired sometimes, which is what happens to many players," Ronaldinho was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
"But I have always been professional and never arrived at a session in an unsuitable state to train. I have played nearly every game for the club this year," he said.
The 32-year-old also denied reports he took a female guest back to the team hotel in the pre-season and said he never had a problem with former coach Vanderlei Luxemburgo.
"I never fought with him," he said. "When we were winning games last year, nobody said anything."
When asked about the delayed wages, the two-time FIFA world player of the year said: "It was the final straw. There were several delayed payments."
He denied the club`s failure to pay him had anything to do with his own inconsistent form this season.
"When we enter the pitch, everything is forgotten," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise