Ronaldinho double sinks his former club Gremio
Belo Horizonte (Brazil): Ronaldinho scored twice to hand Atletico Mineiro a 2-0 victory over his former club Gremio in Brazil`s Serie A championship.
The 33-year-old converted a penalty on the hour after former AC Milan and Brazil goalkeeper Dida brought down Alecsandro with a sliding tackle Sunday.
Ronaldinho then doubled the home side`s lead in injury time with a cool finish after Neto Berola`s piercing run and pass.
Ronaldinho admitted he had mixed emotions about scoring against the club where he began his career.
"It`s not the first time that has happened," the two-time FIFA world player of the year said.
"Gremio will always have a special place in my heart, but I also have to do the right thing by my team."
The victory was Atletico`s first from four matches in Brazil`s Serie A championship as the club prioritises the Copa Libertadores.
In other games of the day, defending champions Fluminense overcame Goias 2-1, Vitoria beat Atletico Paranaense 3-2 and Coritiba defeated Nautico 1-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love