Ronaldinho gets one-match ban for violent conduct
Rio de Janeiro: In-form Ronaldinho will miss Atletico Mineiro`s clash with Internacional in Brazil`s Serie A football championship Wednesday after receiving a one-match ban for violent conduct.
Brazil`s Superior Sports Justice Tribunal (STJD) found Ronaldinho guilty on Tuesday of dangerously raising his foot in a tackle on Gremio`s Kleber Sep 23.
The charge was laid by the league`s video review panel and came despite the fact Ronaldinho was not even cautioned over the incident.
"There was no violent conduct whatsoever," Atletico Mineiro lawyer Joao Avelar said Tuesday night.
"Nobody from Gremio complained. The game continued as normal and there was no ill-feeling at all between the players. The referee didn`t even issue a yellow card, let alone a red."
Ronaldinho, who has been in outstanding form since joining Atletico Mineiro from Brazilian top flight rivals Flamengo in May, will return for the club`s home duel with Sport Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?