Ronaldinho gets one-match ban for violent conduct
Rio de Janeiro: In-form Ronaldinho will miss Atletico Mineiro`s clash with Internacional in Brazil`s Serie A football championship Wednesday after receiving a one-match ban for violent conduct.
Brazil`s Superior Sports Justice Tribunal (STJD) found Ronaldinho guilty on Tuesday of dangerously raising his foot in a tackle on Gremio`s Kleber Sep 23.
The charge was laid by the league`s video review panel and came despite the fact Ronaldinho was not even cautioned over the incident.
"There was no violent conduct whatsoever," Atletico Mineiro lawyer Joao Avelar said Tuesday night.
"Nobody from Gremio complained. The game continued as normal and there was no ill-feeling at all between the players. The referee didn`t even issue a yellow card, let alone a red."
Ronaldinho, who has been in outstanding form since joining Atletico Mineiro from Brazilian top flight rivals Flamengo in May, will return for the club`s home duel with Sport Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Niti Aayog to hold consultations today with states on 15-year vision document
- Coal scam: Rathi Steel, 3 officials convicted; quantum of sentence to be declared today
- Alarm bells for Nawaz Sharif! Huge protests rock PoK, locals allege ISI rigged polls in favour of PML(N)
- Chill guys! There's still time for Deepika Padukone, Fawad Khan film
- Rio Olympics 2016: Narsingh Yadav's fate hangs in balance as NADA takes final decision today