Ronaldinho gets one-match ban for violent conduct
Rio de Janeiro: In-form Ronaldinho will miss Atletico Mineiro`s clash with Internacional in Brazil`s Serie A football championship Wednesday after receiving a one-match ban for violent conduct.
Brazil`s Superior Sports Justice Tribunal (STJD) found Ronaldinho guilty on Tuesday of dangerously raising his foot in a tackle on Gremio`s Kleber Sep 23.
The charge was laid by the league`s video review panel and came despite the fact Ronaldinho was not even cautioned over the incident.
"There was no violent conduct whatsoever," Atletico Mineiro lawyer Joao Avelar said Tuesday night.
"Nobody from Gremio complained. The game continued as normal and there was no ill-feeling at all between the players. The referee didn`t even issue a yellow card, let alone a red."
Ronaldinho, who has been in outstanding form since joining Atletico Mineiro from Brazilian top flight rivals Flamengo in May, will return for the club`s home duel with Sport Sunday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH