Ronaldinho honoured in Bolivia
La Paz (Bolivia): Footballer Ronaldinho has been awarded with the honorary citizenship of La Paz by the Bolivian capital`s governor, Cesar Cocorico.
The two-time FIFA world player of the year was also presented with typical Bolivian clothes during a ceremony Tuesday, Xinhua reports.
Ronaldinho is currently in La Paz with Brazil`s Atletico Mineiro for Wednesday`s Copa Libertadores clash against the Strongest.
"I am very happy to have been given this tribute," 32-year-old Ronaldinho said. "For me it is an honour to be well received here in Bolivia."
Cocorico said the former Barcelona and AC Milan star would be always welcome in Bolivia.
"It`s a pleasure to receive Atletico Mineiro here and we hope they are having a great stay," Cocorico said.
Atletico arrived in La Paz Saturday in a bid to acclimatize to the city`s 3,640m altitude.
The Brazilian club currently leads Group 3 with three wins from as many games while the Strongest are third with one win and two losses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM