Ronaldinho honoured in Bolivia
La Paz (Bolivia): Footballer Ronaldinho has been awarded with the honorary citizenship of La Paz by the Bolivian capital`s governor, Cesar Cocorico.
The two-time FIFA world player of the year was also presented with typical Bolivian clothes during a ceremony Tuesday, Xinhua reports.
Ronaldinho is currently in La Paz with Brazil`s Atletico Mineiro for Wednesday`s Copa Libertadores clash against the Strongest.
"I am very happy to have been given this tribute," 32-year-old Ronaldinho said. "For me it is an honour to be well received here in Bolivia."
Cocorico said the former Barcelona and AC Milan star would be always welcome in Bolivia.
"It`s a pleasure to receive Atletico Mineiro here and we hope they are having a great stay," Cocorico said.
Atletico arrived in La Paz Saturday in a bid to acclimatize to the city`s 3,640m altitude.
The Brazilian club currently leads Group 3 with three wins from as many games while the Strongest are third with one win and two losses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details