Ronaldinho hopeful of World Cup recall
Rio de Janeiro: Ronaldinho has not given up hope of earning an international recall by Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari for next year`s World Cup.
The 33-year-old has not played since September after rupturing his left adductor while training with Brazilian side Atletico Mineiro.
A video posted Friday by Ronaldinho on Facebook showed the former Barcelona and AC Milan star in a physiotherapy session at Atletico`s training base in Belo Horizonte, reported Xinhua.
Alongside the video was the hashtag "Ronaldinho return" and the message: "What I want is the World Cup."
The two-time FIFA world player of the year is striving to be fit for his team`s FIFA Club World Cup campaign next month.
Atletico qualified for the tournament by winning this year`s Copa Libertadores, South America`s elite club competition.
Ronaldinho has not played for Brazil since a 2-2 friendly draw with Chile in Belo Horizonte in April.
Scolari said in July the door remained open for Ronaldinho and AC Milan playmaker Kaka to return to the national team ahead of the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal