Ronaldinho hopeful of World Cup recall
Rio de Janeiro: Ronaldinho has not given up hope of earning an international recall by Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari for next year`s World Cup.
The 33-year-old has not played since September after rupturing his left adductor while training with Brazilian side Atletico Mineiro.
A video posted Friday by Ronaldinho on Facebook showed the former Barcelona and AC Milan star in a physiotherapy session at Atletico`s training base in Belo Horizonte, reported Xinhua.
Alongside the video was the hashtag "Ronaldinho return" and the message: "What I want is the World Cup."
The two-time FIFA world player of the year is striving to be fit for his team`s FIFA Club World Cup campaign next month.
Atletico qualified for the tournament by winning this year`s Copa Libertadores, South America`s elite club competition.
Ronaldinho has not played for Brazil since a 2-2 friendly draw with Chile in Belo Horizonte in April.
Scolari said in July the door remained open for Ronaldinho and AC Milan playmaker Kaka to return to the national team ahead of the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH