Ronaldinho in doubt for Copa Libertadores duel
Brasilia: Defending champions Atletico Mineiro could be without Ronaldinho for their final Copa Libertadores group match against Zamora in Belo Horizonte Thursday.
The two-time FIFA world player of the year injured his angle during the Brazilian side`s 1-1 draw with Colombia`s Independiente Santa Fe last Thursday.
"He still has a swollen ankle from the match in Bogota and the area has some bruising," Xinhua quoted Atletico`s doctor Rodrigo Lasmar as saying Tuesday.
"He has made significant progress but remains limited. He is still unable to train. But the match is on Thursday. There is still time for him to prove his fitness. It will all depend on how he responds to treatment."
Atletico lead Group 4 with nine points and have already guaranteed a place in the tournament`s knockout phase. Venezuela`s Zamora are second, two points behind the Brazilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail
- I'm against honouring Malala Yousafzai with Nobel Peace Prize: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Sebi cancels registration of Deutsche Mutual Fund