Ronaldinho in doubt for Copa Libertadores duel
Brasilia: Defending champions Atletico Mineiro could be without Ronaldinho for their final Copa Libertadores group match against Zamora in Belo Horizonte Thursday.
The two-time FIFA world player of the year injured his angle during the Brazilian side`s 1-1 draw with Colombia`s Independiente Santa Fe last Thursday.
"He still has a swollen ankle from the match in Bogota and the area has some bruising," Xinhua quoted Atletico`s doctor Rodrigo Lasmar as saying Tuesday.
"He has made significant progress but remains limited. He is still unable to train. But the match is on Thursday. There is still time for him to prove his fitness. It will all depend on how he responds to treatment."
Atletico lead Group 4 with nine points and have already guaranteed a place in the tournament`s knockout phase. Venezuela`s Zamora are second, two points behind the Brazilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption