Ronaldinho in doubt for Copa Libertadores duel
Brasilia: Defending champions Atletico Mineiro could be without Ronaldinho for their final Copa Libertadores group match against Zamora in Belo Horizonte Thursday.
The two-time FIFA world player of the year injured his angle during the Brazilian side`s 1-1 draw with Colombia`s Independiente Santa Fe last Thursday.
"He still has a swollen ankle from the match in Bogota and the area has some bruising," Xinhua quoted Atletico`s doctor Rodrigo Lasmar as saying Tuesday.
"He has made significant progress but remains limited. He is still unable to train. But the match is on Thursday. There is still time for him to prove his fitness. It will all depend on how he responds to treatment."
Atletico lead Group 4 with nine points and have already guaranteed a place in the tournament`s knockout phase. Venezuela`s Zamora are second, two points behind the Brazilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth
- Flood threat: Water level on rise in various rivers in Bihar; Kosi, Bagmati flow above danger mark