Ronaldinho in doubt for Copa Libertadores duel
Brasilia: Defending champions Atletico Mineiro could be without Ronaldinho for their final Copa Libertadores group match against Zamora in Belo Horizonte Thursday.
The two-time FIFA world player of the year injured his angle during the Brazilian side`s 1-1 draw with Colombia`s Independiente Santa Fe last Thursday.
"He still has a swollen ankle from the match in Bogota and the area has some bruising," Xinhua quoted Atletico`s doctor Rodrigo Lasmar as saying Tuesday.
"He has made significant progress but remains limited. He is still unable to train. But the match is on Thursday. There is still time for him to prove his fitness. It will all depend on how he responds to treatment."
Atletico lead Group 4 with nine points and have already guaranteed a place in the tournament`s knockout phase. Venezuela`s Zamora are second, two points behind the Brazilians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home
- B-Town celebs send warm wishes to Shahid Kapoor and Mira Rajput on birth of their daughter!
- UN council condemns North Korea missile launches, vows new measures