Ronaldinho in talks with NY Red Bulls
Rio de Janeiro: Former Brazilian international Ronaldinho is reportedly close to joining US Major League Soccer (MLS) club New York Red Bulls.
The 34-year-old`s brother and agent Roberto Assis has been in talks with Red Bulls officials about salary and conditions, according to the Uol news portal, reports Xinhua.
Under MLS rules, clubs are allowed three marquee players who are exempt from salary cap rules.
New York currently have two marquee players - former France forward Thierry Henry and Australian Tim Cahill.
Ronaldinho terminated his contract with Atletico Mineiro earlier this week after more than two years with the Brazilian club.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai