Ronaldinho not looking for revenge against Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro: Atletico Mineiro star Ronaldinho has denied he will be seeking revenge when his team hosts Flamengo in Brazil`s Serie A championship.
Ronaldinho left Flamengo in May and sued the Rio de Janeiro club for unpaid wages before joining Atletico Mineiro four days later, reports Xinhua.
The 32-year-old has since shown regular glimpses of his best form, leading the Belo Horizonte outfit from 15th last season to second in the standings with six matches remaining.
When the clubs last met in September, Ronaldinho was roundly jeered by his former fans as Flamengo won 2-1 at Rio`s Engenhao Stadium.
The two-time FIFA world player of the year said Wednesday`s match at Arena Independencia in Belo Horizonte would be a different proposition.
"The game is important but there`s no feeling of wanting revenge," Ronaldinho said. "It`s a game that has three points on offer and that is of great value to us. Everybody likes to play in these important matches.
"I have played many times with the fans against me. It`s normal in football. The first match against them (in September) was a day where nothing went right.
"Now I have the chance to play in front of my own fans and where I feel at home. There`s no way it can go wrong."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Manoj Bajpayee's 'Budhia Singh – Born to run' showcases the spirit of world's youngest marathon from Odisha – Watch
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features
- THIS Bollywood director has filed a defamation case against Kamaal R Khan! - Read more