Ronaldinho recovering fast, on course for Club World Cup
Sao Paulo: Ronaldinho`s thigh injury has improved quicker than expected and his club Atletico Mineiro now say he is likely to play in the Club World Cup in Morocco in December.
The former Barcelona midfielder trained on Friday and coach Cuca told reporters he could return to action against Fluminense in Brazil`s Serie A on December 1.
"We hope to use him before the league season ends, maybe in the last or second from last match," Cuca said at news conference at the team`s Belo Horizonte base.
"We don`t have an exact date but his recuperation is going very well."
Ronaldinho tore a muscle in his left thigh in September and it was feared he would miss the tournament in North Africa.
Libertadores Cup holders Atletico Mineiro face as yet unknown opponents in the semi-finals on December 18 and expect to meet Champions League winners Bayern Munich in the final three days later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state