Ronaldinho returns to Brazil squad
Brasilia: Brazil head coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has called up a host of high profile names for the World Cup 2014 hosts` friendly with Chile on April 24, with Ronaldinho returning to the international fray once again.
The ex-Barcelona playmaker was left out the last squad - which saw the Selecao draw with Italy and Russia on neutral European turf in March - but the Atletico Mineiro man was selected on Tuesday by the former Portugal and Chelsea boss.
The likes of Neymar, Leandro Damiao and Alexandre Pato will jostle for a spot up front, while Corinthians` Paulinho, Sao Paulo`s Jadson and Gremio`s Fernando will vie for a place in midfield.
Andre Santos, on loan at Gremio from Arsenal, has been called up to Felipao`s latest squad but his fellow defenders have an air of inexperience due to the omission of all European-based players from the squad.
As a result, Paris Saint-Germain duo Thiago Silva and Lucas Moura, Real Madrid pair Kaka and Marcelo, Bayern Munich centre-back Dante and Chelsea`s Selecao trio of Ramires, Oscar and David Luiz miss out as their club campaigns come to a close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Two women assaulted at Madhya Pradesh railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Aamir Khan turns host for team 'Dangal'!
- No curfew in Srinagar, continues in south Kashmir
- Cockroach milk – The next big 'superfood' and a fantastic protein supplement?