Ronaldinho returns to Brazil squad
Brasilia: Brazil head coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has called up a host of high profile names for the World Cup 2014 hosts` friendly with Chile on April 24, with Ronaldinho returning to the international fray once again.
The ex-Barcelona playmaker was left out the last squad - which saw the Selecao draw with Italy and Russia on neutral European turf in March - but the Atletico Mineiro man was selected on Tuesday by the former Portugal and Chelsea boss.
The likes of Neymar, Leandro Damiao and Alexandre Pato will jostle for a spot up front, while Corinthians` Paulinho, Sao Paulo`s Jadson and Gremio`s Fernando will vie for a place in midfield.
Andre Santos, on loan at Gremio from Arsenal, has been called up to Felipao`s latest squad but his fellow defenders have an air of inexperience due to the omission of all European-based players from the squad.
As a result, Paris Saint-Germain duo Thiago Silva and Lucas Moura, Real Madrid pair Kaka and Marcelo, Bayern Munich centre-back Dante and Chelsea`s Selecao trio of Ramires, Oscar and David Luiz miss out as their club campaigns come to a close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH