Ronaldinho returns to Brazil squad
Brasilia: Brazil head coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has called up a host of high profile names for the World Cup 2014 hosts` friendly with Chile on April 24, with Ronaldinho returning to the international fray once again.
The ex-Barcelona playmaker was left out the last squad - which saw the Selecao draw with Italy and Russia on neutral European turf in March - but the Atletico Mineiro man was selected on Tuesday by the former Portugal and Chelsea boss.
The likes of Neymar, Leandro Damiao and Alexandre Pato will jostle for a spot up front, while Corinthians` Paulinho, Sao Paulo`s Jadson and Gremio`s Fernando will vie for a place in midfield.
Andre Santos, on loan at Gremio from Arsenal, has been called up to Felipao`s latest squad but his fellow defenders have an air of inexperience due to the omission of all European-based players from the squad.
As a result, Paris Saint-Germain duo Thiago Silva and Lucas Moura, Real Madrid pair Kaka and Marcelo, Bayern Munich centre-back Dante and Chelsea`s Selecao trio of Ramires, Oscar and David Luiz miss out as their club campaigns come to a close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog