Ronaldinho returns to Brazil squad
Brasilia: Brazil head coach Luiz Felipe Scolari has called up a host of high profile names for the World Cup 2014 hosts` friendly with Chile on April 24, with Ronaldinho returning to the international fray once again.
The ex-Barcelona playmaker was left out the last squad - which saw the Selecao draw with Italy and Russia on neutral European turf in March - but the Atletico Mineiro man was selected on Tuesday by the former Portugal and Chelsea boss.
The likes of Neymar, Leandro Damiao and Alexandre Pato will jostle for a spot up front, while Corinthians` Paulinho, Sao Paulo`s Jadson and Gremio`s Fernando will vie for a place in midfield.
Andre Santos, on loan at Gremio from Arsenal, has been called up to Felipao`s latest squad but his fellow defenders have an air of inexperience due to the omission of all European-based players from the squad.
As a result, Paris Saint-Germain duo Thiago Silva and Lucas Moura, Real Madrid pair Kaka and Marcelo, Bayern Munich centre-back Dante and Chelsea`s Selecao trio of Ramires, Oscar and David Luiz miss out as their club campaigns come to a close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan