Ronaldinho`s Atletico Mineiro debut postponed
Rio de Janeiro: Ronaldinho`s debut for Atletico Mineiro has been delayed because the club has yet to register his name with Brazil`s football confederation.
Atletico Mineiro had hoped to unveil the two-time FIFA world player of the year in front of its home fans against Bahia on Wednesday.
The club is now hoping Ronaldinho will be registered in time for Saturday`s match against Luiz Felipe Scolari`s Palmeiras, whom the 32-year-old played under during Brazil`s triumphant 2002 World Cup campaign in South Korea and Japan.
His first home game at the Independencia Stadium in the city of Belo Horizonte will be on June 23 against Nautico.
Ronaldinho was signed by Atletico Mineiro on Monday, just four days after he quit Flamengo and filed a 20 million U.S.-dollar compensation claim against the Rio club for unpaid wages and bonuses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy