Ronaldinho`s Atletico Mineiro debut postponed
Rio de Janeiro: Ronaldinho`s debut for Atletico Mineiro has been delayed because the club has yet to register his name with Brazil`s football confederation.
Atletico Mineiro had hoped to unveil the two-time FIFA world player of the year in front of its home fans against Bahia on Wednesday.
The club is now hoping Ronaldinho will be registered in time for Saturday`s match against Luiz Felipe Scolari`s Palmeiras, whom the 32-year-old played under during Brazil`s triumphant 2002 World Cup campaign in South Korea and Japan.
His first home game at the Independencia Stadium in the city of Belo Horizonte will be on June 23 against Nautico.
Ronaldinho was signed by Atletico Mineiro on Monday, just four days after he quit Flamengo and filed a 20 million U.S.-dollar compensation claim against the Rio club for unpaid wages and bonuses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi