Ronaldinho`s debut for Atletico Mineiro put off
Rio de Janeiro : Ronaldinho`s debut for Atletico Mineiro has been delayed because the club has yet to register his name with Brazil`s football confederation.
Atletico Mineiro had hoped to unveil the two-time FIFA world player of the year in front of its home fans against Bahia Wednesday.
The club is now hoping Ronaldinho will be registered in time for Saturday`s match against Palmeiras. It was under Palmeiras` coach Luiz Felipe Scolari that the 32-year-old played during Brazil`s triumphant 2002 World Cup campaign in South Korea and Japan, reports said.
His first home game at the Independencia Stadium in the city of Belo Horizonte will be June 23 against Nautico.
Ronaldinho was signed by Atletico Mineiro Monday, just four days after he quit Flamengo and filed a $20 million compensation claim against the Rio club for unpaid wages and bonuses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan