Ronaldinho`s debut for Atletico Mineiro put off
Rio de Janeiro : Ronaldinho`s debut for Atletico Mineiro has been delayed because the club has yet to register his name with Brazil`s football confederation.
Atletico Mineiro had hoped to unveil the two-time FIFA world player of the year in front of its home fans against Bahia Wednesday.
The club is now hoping Ronaldinho will be registered in time for Saturday`s match against Palmeiras. It was under Palmeiras` coach Luiz Felipe Scolari that the 32-year-old played during Brazil`s triumphant 2002 World Cup campaign in South Korea and Japan, reports said.
His first home game at the Independencia Stadium in the city of Belo Horizonte will be June 23 against Nautico.
Ronaldinho was signed by Atletico Mineiro Monday, just four days after he quit Flamengo and filed a $20 million compensation claim against the Rio club for unpaid wages and bonuses.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information