Ronaldinho sidelined after injury
Rio de Janeiro: Ronaldinho has been ruled out of Atletico Mineiro`s clash against Guarani in Brazil`s Campeonato Mineiro Sunday due to a leg injury.
The 32-year-old suffered a badly bruised right shin after a scything two-footed tackle from defender Diego Braghieri during Atletico`s 5-2 Copa Libertadores victory over the Argentine club.
"Some players are going to be rested by necessity, including Ronaldinho who has pain in his leg and will not play," Atletico Mineiro coach Cuca said on Friday.
The two-time FIFA world player of the year, who was involved in four of his team`s goals against Arsenal, was awarded a penalty after the incident but fired his spot-kick against the cross bar.
Atletico Mineiro, who are top of the Copa Libertadores Group 3 with six points from two matches, will next meet Bolivia`s The Strongest at home March 7 in Latin America`s premier club competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal