Ronaldinho sidelined after injury
Rio de Janeiro: Ronaldinho has been ruled out of Atletico Mineiro`s clash against Guarani in Brazil`s Campeonato Mineiro Sunday due to a leg injury.
The 32-year-old suffered a badly bruised right shin after a scything two-footed tackle from defender Diego Braghieri during Atletico`s 5-2 Copa Libertadores victory over the Argentine club.
"Some players are going to be rested by necessity, including Ronaldinho who has pain in his leg and will not play," Atletico Mineiro coach Cuca said on Friday.
The two-time FIFA world player of the year, who was involved in four of his team`s goals against Arsenal, was awarded a penalty after the incident but fired his spot-kick against the cross bar.
Atletico Mineiro, who are top of the Copa Libertadores Group 3 with six points from two matches, will next meet Bolivia`s The Strongest at home March 7 in Latin America`s premier club competition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan