Ronaldinho signs for Flamengo
Rio de Janeiro: AC Milan`s out of favor Brazilian star Ronaldinho is to sign for Rio giants Flamengo, after days of negotiations in his native Brazil, the football icon confirmed on his website.
The 30-year-old Ronaldinho -- part of the Brazil side that won the 2002 World Cup -- was signing a three-and-a-half year contract with a monthly salary of nearly 900,000 dollars.
The player, full name Ronaldo de Assis Moreira, started professionally with Gremio at age 18 before moving to Paris Saint-Germain, FC Barcelona -- with whom he won the 2006 Champions League -- and then AC Milan.
Twice named world player of the year, Ronaldinho made it known that he wanted to return to his homeland with hopes of playing for a local side and regaining his place in the national side for the 2014 World Cup which Brazil are hosting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city