Ronaldinho signs with Atletico Mineiro
Rio de Janeiro: Atletico Mineiro have confirmed the signing of Ronaldinho, just days after his acrimonious departure from Flamengo.
The Brazil international parted company with the Rubro-Negro on Friday, after being given permission to unilaterally rescind his contract with the club by the Rio de Janeiro Labour Court because a dispute over unpaid wages, with the 32-year-old claiming that he is owed over €16 million.
Following speculation linking Ronaldinho with Palmeiras and Chinese outfit Guangzhou Fuli, Atletico Mineiro have now confirmed that they have signed the attacker until the end of the year.
The former Barcelona ace had earlier been spotted by Arena SporTV decked out in Galo`s colours at the club`s training ground.
The deal is something of a coup for Belo Horizonte outfit, who had failed in their attempts to lure Inter forward Diego Forlan and Vasco midfielder Juninho Pernambucano to Belo Horizonte.
Ronaldinho, meanwhile, only joined Flamengo from AC Milan last January but his time at the Engenhao has been marked by controversy and relations between the player and the club had become increasingly strained in recent weeks, with vice-president Paulo Cesar Coutinho having last week been caught on camera slating the World Cup winner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’