Ronaldinho signs with Atletico Mineiro
Rio de Janeiro: Atletico Mineiro have confirmed the signing of Ronaldinho, just days after his acrimonious departure from Flamengo.
The Brazil international parted company with the Rubro-Negro on Friday, after being given permission to unilaterally rescind his contract with the club by the Rio de Janeiro Labour Court because a dispute over unpaid wages, with the 32-year-old claiming that he is owed over €16 million.
Following speculation linking Ronaldinho with Palmeiras and Chinese outfit Guangzhou Fuli, Atletico Mineiro have now confirmed that they have signed the attacker until the end of the year.
The former Barcelona ace had earlier been spotted by Arena SporTV decked out in Galo`s colours at the club`s training ground.
The deal is something of a coup for Belo Horizonte outfit, who had failed in their attempts to lure Inter forward Diego Forlan and Vasco midfielder Juninho Pernambucano to Belo Horizonte.
Ronaldinho, meanwhile, only joined Flamengo from AC Milan last January but his time at the Engenhao has been marked by controversy and relations between the player and the club had become increasingly strained in recent weeks, with vice-president Paulo Cesar Coutinho having last week been caught on camera slating the World Cup winner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why