Ronaldinho tips Neymar to become world`s best
Rio de Janeiro: Brazil legend Ronaldinho has tipped Neymar to surpass Lionel Messi as the world`s best player in the coming years.
The Santos striker is understood to be the most sought-after talent in world football and Ronaldinho has backed the starlet to emulate Messi in the near future.
Speaking to The Daily Mail ahead of Brazil`s friendly with England, he said: "Messi for the last three or four years has been the best player in the world - he has been at a level of consistency I don`t think the world has seen before.
“Neymar is young though, and I can`t explain how special he will become. In the next two or three seasons he will become the best player."
The 32-year-old also denied that he regrets not choosing to play in England, but expressed sorrow having not played with former Barca team-mate Messi for longer.
He added: "Do I regret not playing in England? No, because I have played for some of the biggest teams in the world and won everything.
“The only regret is not playing more seasons with Lionel Messi. He is my good friend.
“I could see even at a young age he was going to be the best. It was exciting to see this kid who could do things most players can only dream of.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra