Ronaldo and Messi are monsters: Drogba
Paris: Shanghai Shenhua striker Didier Drogba has branded Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi football`s two "monsters".
The 34-year old was talking about his selection for the winner of the 2012 Ballon d`Or, but refused to share who his choice would be, and instead took the time to talk of his admiration for the pair.
"We all know it is between two, the two monsters that are Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo," he told FranceFootball.fr.
"You do not realise but they have revolutionised the statistics. Before them it was a feat to score 30 goals a season in a major championship. For several years now they have scored over 40. They are phenomenal.
"I cannot tell you who my vote is going to though, as I will be killed."
The Ivory Coast international also revealed that he is still in touch with Jose Mourinho, who he played for during his time at Chelsea.
"I always get messages from him, and Abramovich too. The problem with this is that Jose does not understand there is a large time difference and he sends me texts whenever I am asleep!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Steady economic growth fails to revive job market: Report
- Just 1% of population pay taxes; over 5,000 paid more than Rs 1 crore
- 17 out of 30 sectors in negative zone in March in terms of exports
- Indiabulls Real Estate cuts debt by 16% to Rs 4,617 crore in FY16
- E-vehicle maker Clean Motion to invest $10 million in India