Ronaldo and Messi are monsters: Drogba
Paris: Shanghai Shenhua striker Didier Drogba has branded Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi football`s two "monsters".
The 34-year old was talking about his selection for the winner of the 2012 Ballon d`Or, but refused to share who his choice would be, and instead took the time to talk of his admiration for the pair.
"We all know it is between two, the two monsters that are Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo," he told FranceFootball.fr.
"You do not realise but they have revolutionised the statistics. Before them it was a feat to score 30 goals a season in a major championship. For several years now they have scored over 40. They are phenomenal.
"I cannot tell you who my vote is going to though, as I will be killed."
The Ivory Coast international also revealed that he is still in touch with Jose Mourinho, who he played for during his time at Chelsea.
"I always get messages from him, and Abramovich too. The problem with this is that Jose does not understand there is a large time difference and he sends me texts whenever I am asleep!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why