Ronaldo can be Madrid`s top signing, says Arbeloa
England: The full-back is hopeful that the former Manchester United star will ink a contract extension and does not fear the competition of Daniel Carvajal.
Alvaro Arbeloa has stressed that it would be a huge boost for Real Madrid if Cristiano Ronaldo were to ink a contract extension.
The Portugal international has been linked with a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu side on more than one occasion, but club president Florentino Perez stated earlier this week that he expects that the attacker will stay at Madrid until the end of his career.
Ronaldo has a contract with the Liga giants until the summer of 2015, but Arbeloa is hopeful that the 28-year-old will ink a new deal this year.
"The best signing Real Madrid could make would be Cristiano Ronaldo renewing his contract," the defender told La Sexta.
"I hope that Cristiano will stay at Madrid for many more years."
The full-back then took the time to reflect on the return of Daniel Carvajal from Bayer Leverkusen and stressed that he does not fear the youngster`s competition.
"There has always been stiff competition for places at Madrid. I will only benefit from his arrival."
Carvajal, 21, left Madrid for Leverkusen in 2012, but the Spanish giants re-signed him this summer after he impressed in the Bundesliga this term.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'