Ronaldo eyeing Madrid exit if not treated like ‘superstar’ Messi
London: Real Madrid star winger Cristiano Ronaldo still intends to leave Santiago Bernabeu if not treated like Barcelona’s superstar forward Lionel Messi and offered an improved contract, according to reports.
Messi signed a new contract extension this week that will keep him at Barcelona until 2018, beyond his 31st birthday.
The deal is expected to be structured so that it increases yearly, rising to 12.5 million pound (net) a year before bonuses, the Daily Mail reports.
However, according to Spanish newspaper Marca, Ronaldo still feels angry with the club and upset, believing he deserves the special treatment of rival superstars like Messi.
While Messi has renewed his contract six times during his spell at Barcelona, Ronaldo has not been offered an improved deal since his 80 million pound move from Old Trafford in 2009.
The Portuguese winger was offered and signed multiple improved deals during his time under Sir Alex Ferguson.
Although Ronaldo has scored an amazing 170 goals in 169 games for Real, it is Messi who has stolen the plaudits this year.
The 25-year-old had already surpassed Gerd Muller``s 40-year-old record of 85 goals in a calendar year.
Both the players are in contention for the FIFA Ballon d``Or crown, alongside Messi``s teammate at Barcelona Andres Iniesta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi