Ronaldo fears losing World Cup record to Klose
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian legend Ronaldo has admitted he hopes Germany`s Miroslav Klose does not play at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Ronaldo currently holds the record as the most prolific World Cup scorer with 15 goals, one more than Klose and former German forward Gerd Muller. He expressed concern at Klose`s impressive form this season.
"That guy still plays, doesn`t he?" the three-time FIFA World Player of the Year remarked upon being asked about the German.
On the speculation whether Klose will be selected as a 36-year-old in 2014, Ronaldo said he hoped the German isn`t chosen.
Klose has scored seven goals in 10 matches for Italian Serie A club Lazio so far this season. He also scored a brace at Germany`s 4-4 World Cup qualifying draw against Sweden earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Guess who? Angered by film failure, this actor breaks hotel furniture
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Turkey allows more patrol flights on Syria border by NATO allies: Official
- Video: How Wales's players celebrated rivals England's exit from the Euro 2016. Crazy!
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic