Ronaldo fears losing World Cup record to Klose
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian legend Ronaldo has admitted he hopes Germany`s Miroslav Klose does not play at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Ronaldo currently holds the record as the most prolific World Cup scorer with 15 goals, one more than Klose and former German forward Gerd Muller. He expressed concern at Klose`s impressive form this season.
"That guy still plays, doesn`t he?" the three-time FIFA World Player of the Year remarked upon being asked about the German.
On the speculation whether Klose will be selected as a 36-year-old in 2014, Ronaldo said he hoped the German isn`t chosen.
Klose has scored seven goals in 10 matches for Italian Serie A club Lazio so far this season. He also scored a brace at Germany`s 4-4 World Cup qualifying draw against Sweden earlier this month.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark