Ronaldo humble and friendly: Sahin
Nuri Sahin has described Cristiano Ronaldo as ‘very humble and friendly’, insisting he ‘learnt a lot’ from the Portuguese captain during his time with Real Madrid.
Sahin ended a torrid spell at Santiago Bernabeu to return to Borussia Dortmund earlier this season, after failing to impress during a brief loan spell with Liverpool at the start of the campaign.
Despite his disappointing time with the Liga champions, the Turkey international insists he was happy to have made a "dream" move to the club, as well as the chance to learn from the likes of Ronaldo.
"It was a great opportunity to play with him [Ronaldo].”
“He is an incomparable professional, he`s incredible. In one year, I learnd a lot from Cristiano. Maybe some people will not think so, but he is very humble and friendly.”
"Moving to Madrid was a dream. I did it. I had an injury in the first training session, and if that had not happened, I`m sure it would have been different for me.”
"But that is football. I don`t want to return to the past. I`m at one of the best teams in the world, I never let my head drop and I think I will be very successful."
Sahin revealed he still talks to former boss Jose Mourinho by phone, and feels los Blancos` victory over Manchester United in the Champions League could be a turning point for the Portuguese coach and his players this season.
"We often talk by phone. We chat about football and life in general," he went on. "The coach feels good. I think the game against Manchester United was very important for Real Madrid. He is now in a perfect position.”
"They`re doing a great job. It`s not easy to beat Barcelona twice. The truth is that Madrid are one of the great favourites for the Champions League.”
"I hope we win it [Borussia Dortmund]. Madrid always want La Decima. I know they are preparing to go for it."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert