Ronaldo injury free and ready to return to action
Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo has recovered from a muscle strain and is ready to return to action, the Real Madrid and Portugal forward said on Monday.
Ronaldo damaged a hamstring in Real`s La Liga match at Almeria on November 23 and missed last week`s Champions League win over Galatasaray and Saturday`s La Liga success against Real Valladolid.
"I no longer have an injury," Ronaldo said at an awards ceremony in Madrid.
"I have been fine for a couple of days," added the 28-year-old, who has been on scintillating form this season.
"We preferred not to push things against Valladolid but I will be there for the next game for sure."
Ronaldo netted 14 goals in his last seven appearances for club and country before his injury and is one of the favourites to scoop the FIFA Ballon d`Or when the footballer of the year award is announced next month.
The former Manchester United man was the last player to win in 2008 before Barcelona`s Argentine forward Lionel Messi took the next four.
"I am on good form," Ronaldo said. "It`s possible that it is the best start to the season of my career but the past few years have also been very good."
Real`s next match is a King`s Cup last 32, first leg at third-tier Olimpic de Xativa on Saturday and they play at FC Copenhagen in the Champions League the following Tuesday.
The nine-times European champions are already through to the last 16 as Group B winners.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'