Ronaldo museum opens with space for another ``Ballon d``Or``
Funchal (Madeira) Real Madrid`s Cristiano Ronaldo opened a museum in his honour in his birthplace on Sunday, which he said had extra room for the Ballon d`Or and many other trophies to come.
Standing next to his 2008 Ballon d`Or and 125 other individual and team awards dating back to his Madeira childhood, Ronaldo, 28, told reporters the CR7 Museum was a gift to his fans.
"Of course it`s a special day," the Portugal forward, who has scored 33 goals so far this season, said. "I have room for more trophies. I don`t really want to mention specific ones. All I want is to win more awards and if the Ballon d`Or comes, there is extra room here".
Soccer`s world governing body named him, Barcelona`s Lionel Messi of Argentina and Bayern Munich`s French winger Franck Ribery as the three finalists for the 2013 Ballon d`Or award formerly known as FIFA World Player of the Year.
Ronaldo, this year`s World Soccer magazine`s player of the year, said he was not desperate to win the most prestigious individual award in the sport.
"The World Soccer magazine`s player of the year award was another important trophy but it does not mean I will win the Ballon d`Or. I hope that happens but I am not obsessed about it."
The Ballon d`Or results will be announced on January 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP