Ronaldo scores as Real Madrid beats Galaxy 4-1
Los Angeles: Cristiano Ronaldo scored a signature goal and Real Madrid displayed its deft scoring ability to beat the Los Angeles Galaxy 4-1 in an exhibition on Saturday night.
Jose Callejon and Joselu scored 8 minutes apart in the first half and Karim Benzema converted a header in the 57th minute as the Spanish giants showed little rust in their preseason opener.
Ronaldo, who set La Liga`s scoring record with 40 goals last season, entered as a halftime substitute. The Portuguese star used multiple step-over`s to fake out three defenders, then fired a sharp shot with his left foot that found its way inside the near post.
David Beckham wore the captain`s band for the Galaxy against his former team but failed to make an impact before being removed for a substitute in the 61st minute.
Adam Cristman scored the Galaxy`s lone goal, redirecting Antonio Adan`s save with a header into the net.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy