Ronaldo set to become ‘third youngest European footballer’ to reach 100 caps
London: Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo is set to become the third youngest footballer in Europe to reach 100 caps.
Ronaldo picking up his 100th cap, will reflect on a career, which started in central defence and was marked by early shyness before an explosion of attacking flair, making him one of football’s greatest players.
“It was on Aug 20, 2003, against Kazakhstan, that I put on our national shirt for the first time. It was one of the most memorable moments of my life and a path which I am proud of,” the Telegraph quoted Ronaldo, as writing on his Facebook page.
According to the paper, at 27 years and 248 days, Ronaldo would be one of the youngest European footballers to reach 100 caps behind Germany’s Lukas Podolski and Estonia’s Kristen Viikmae, and is now Portugal’s third most capped player of all time behind Luis Figo on 127 and centre back Fernando Couto on 110.
The Portuguese footballer became the most expensive footballer in history after moving from Manchester United to Real Madrid in a transfer worth 80 million pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'