Ronaldo set to become ‘third youngest European footballer’ to reach 100 caps
London: Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo is set to become the third youngest footballer in Europe to reach 100 caps.
Ronaldo picking up his 100th cap, will reflect on a career, which started in central defence and was marked by early shyness before an explosion of attacking flair, making him one of football’s greatest players.
“It was on Aug 20, 2003, against Kazakhstan, that I put on our national shirt for the first time. It was one of the most memorable moments of my life and a path which I am proud of,” the Telegraph quoted Ronaldo, as writing on his Facebook page.
According to the paper, at 27 years and 248 days, Ronaldo would be one of the youngest European footballers to reach 100 caps behind Germany’s Lukas Podolski and Estonia’s Kristen Viikmae, and is now Portugal’s third most capped player of all time behind Luis Figo on 127 and centre back Fernando Couto on 110.
The Portuguese footballer became the most expensive footballer in history after moving from Manchester United to Real Madrid in a transfer worth 80 million pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video