Ronaldo set to become ‘third youngest European footballer’ to reach 100 caps
London: Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo is set to become the third youngest footballer in Europe to reach 100 caps.
Ronaldo picking up his 100th cap, will reflect on a career, which started in central defence and was marked by early shyness before an explosion of attacking flair, making him one of football’s greatest players.
“It was on Aug 20, 2003, against Kazakhstan, that I put on our national shirt for the first time. It was one of the most memorable moments of my life and a path which I am proud of,” the Telegraph quoted Ronaldo, as writing on his Facebook page.
According to the paper, at 27 years and 248 days, Ronaldo would be one of the youngest European footballers to reach 100 caps behind Germany’s Lukas Podolski and Estonia’s Kristen Viikmae, and is now Portugal’s third most capped player of all time behind Luis Figo on 127 and centre back Fernando Couto on 110.
The Portuguese footballer became the most expensive footballer in history after moving from Manchester United to Real Madrid in a transfer worth 80 million pounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack