Ronaldo targeting Raul`s Real Madrid record
Madrid: Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo has revealed his ambition to surpass Raul as los Blancos` all-time record goalscorer.
The 28-year-old equalled Paco Gento`s record of 182 goals with his hat-trick over Sevilla on Saturday, to become the club`s sixth most prolific player.
However, the Portugal international has a significant job on his hands in order to emulate Raul`s haul of 323 Real Madrid goals, not that he is at all fazed by the size of the task.
Speaking to AS, Ronaldo said: "I`ve always said that records are there to be beaten, I don`t mean just by me but by the next generation of players who come along.
"I feel happy to have made history and I am delighted to have registered these figures. What I would like is to continue as I have until now and one day, be the first."
Ronaldo entered Madrid`s list of top 10 greatest goalscorers this season and has steadily surpassed Amancio (155) Emilio Butragueno (171) and Pirri (172).
Speaking to Real Madrid.com, Butragueno reflected on Ronaldo`s achievements and noted his importance to the club.
"We are all immensely proud that Cristiano Ronaldo is a Real Madrid player. I hope he remains here for many more years because he is such an important player for us," said Butragueno.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city