Ronaldo to `eclipse` Bale with new four-year Madrid deal
London: Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly set to sign a new four-year-contract with the club, which includes a clause that will see him `eclipse` the earnings of new signing Gareth Bale.
Bale came into the Bernabeu under a world-record 85 million-pound switch from Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur.
According to Metro.co.uk, although Ronaldo has been locked in talks with Madrid for months over an extension despite two years left on his current deal, the Portuguese star is close to accepting a new four-year- contract, which includes a clause that says that he must always earn more than new signing Bale.
The report mentioned that Madrid would cough up extra cash in order to keep Ronaldo happy as he is allegedly unhappy over the arrival of the Welshman given that Bale scoops around 180,000 pounds-a-week at the Bernabeu.
However, the report further said that Ronaldo would be handed a 290,000 pounds-a-week top up, including a clause that will see the sum rise if Bale is on level terms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing