Ronaldo to `eclipse` Bale with new four-year Madrid deal
London: Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly set to sign a new four-year-contract with the club, which includes a clause that will see him `eclipse` the earnings of new signing Gareth Bale.
Bale came into the Bernabeu under a world-record 85 million-pound switch from Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur.
According to Metro.co.uk, although Ronaldo has been locked in talks with Madrid for months over an extension despite two years left on his current deal, the Portuguese star is close to accepting a new four-year- contract, which includes a clause that says that he must always earn more than new signing Bale.
The report mentioned that Madrid would cough up extra cash in order to keep Ronaldo happy as he is allegedly unhappy over the arrival of the Welshman given that Bale scoops around 180,000 pounds-a-week at the Bernabeu.
However, the report further said that Ronaldo would be handed a 290,000 pounds-a-week top up, including a clause that will see the sum rise if Bale is on level terms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested