Rooney admits Man Utd`s star players have let Moyes down this season
London: Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has admitted that the club`s stars have let new boss David Moyes down this season but praised the manager for his decision to hand a start to 18-year-old Adnan Januzaj, who repaid him with a brace.
According to the Mirror, Rooney expressed that obviously the manager was under a bit of pressure and the team knew that they had let him down, adding that they had to pull together for the manager and show the sort of fight they had earlier done there.
Moyes himself has a good track record, blooding Rooney as a 16-year-old and emerging England star Ross Barkley at Everton, the report said.
The England player said Januzaj was a great prospect as he takes the ball, runs at players and has great ability, adding that it was great that the manager had thrown him into the side, especially with what has happened in the last few games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060