Rooney and Van Persie target record points total
London: Manchester United strikers Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie have set a target to win the Premier League with a record-breaking points tally.
The Red Devils need just seven points from their last six matches to be crowned English champions and could eclipse Chelsea`s 2004-05 high watermark of 95 points if they will all their remaining games.
"We are in a great position," Rooney told The Guardian. "We have to make sure we move on and push ourselves over that line.
"The manager [told us before beating Stoke City] that the season started today and we`ve now got six to go – we have to go for all of them. If we win them all, we get a record in our pockets, so it`s a good aim, a nice target for all of us to achieve."
Van Persie added: "We don`t just want to try and win the league by getting the points we need, we want to get maximum points now from the games remaining.
"It`s important that you keep a run of wins going and that`s what we want to do."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok