Rooney booed during Manchester United Premier League title parade
London: Want-away foward Wayne Rooney was booed by Manchester United fans during their Premier League title parade.
Outgoing manager Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed after his final home game in charge against Swansea on Sunday that the 27-year-old, who has been at the club since moving from Everton in 2004, recently handed in a transfer request.
Rooney was booed by sections of the Old Trafford support when he collected his Premier League winner`s medal on Sunday and today was subjected to further vocal signs of discontent from the Manchester United faithful during the team`s Premier League title parade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal