Rooney calls on Man U teammates to maintain club`s `attacking DNA` to ensure success
London: Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has called on his teammates to remember the high-intensity attacking football that is the club`s `DNA` to ensure a successful end to the season.
United secured their passage into Friday`s Champions League quarter-final draw with a 3-0 victory over Olympiakos on Wednesday night courtesy of a Robin van Persie hat-trick, although the Dutchman`s second-half injury has given his manager, David Moyes , cause for concern.
According to The Guardian, however, Rooney insisted that they have to perform similar performances on a consistent basis if they want to salvage anything from their disappointing campaign as the intensity, the pace they play has been part of their DNA since he has entered the club.
The striker further said that it is a big part of the way they play and it showed that when they do that to team, it is difficult for them to stop United, adding that they have been spurred by the way the games and results have gone.
United is 18 points behind the Premier League leaders, Chelsea, and 12 from a Champions League berth, with nine matches left, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video