Rooney calls on Man U teammates to maintain club`s `attacking DNA` to ensure success
London: Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has called on his teammates to remember the high-intensity attacking football that is the club`s `DNA` to ensure a successful end to the season.
United secured their passage into Friday`s Champions League quarter-final draw with a 3-0 victory over Olympiakos on Wednesday night courtesy of a Robin van Persie hat-trick, although the Dutchman`s second-half injury has given his manager, David Moyes , cause for concern.
According to The Guardian, however, Rooney insisted that they have to perform similar performances on a consistent basis if they want to salvage anything from their disappointing campaign as the intensity, the pace they play has been part of their DNA since he has entered the club.
The striker further said that it is a big part of the way they play and it showed that when they do that to team, it is difficult for them to stop United, adding that they have been spurred by the way the games and results have gone.
United is 18 points behind the Premier League leaders, Chelsea, and 12 from a Champions League berth, with nine matches left, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?