Rooney calls on Man U teammates to maintain club`s `attacking DNA` to ensure success
London: Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has called on his teammates to remember the high-intensity attacking football that is the club`s `DNA` to ensure a successful end to the season.
United secured their passage into Friday`s Champions League quarter-final draw with a 3-0 victory over Olympiakos on Wednesday night courtesy of a Robin van Persie hat-trick, although the Dutchman`s second-half injury has given his manager, David Moyes , cause for concern.
According to The Guardian, however, Rooney insisted that they have to perform similar performances on a consistent basis if they want to salvage anything from their disappointing campaign as the intensity, the pace they play has been part of their DNA since he has entered the club.
The striker further said that it is a big part of the way they play and it showed that when they do that to team, it is difficult for them to stop United, adding that they have been spurred by the way the games and results have gone.
United is 18 points behind the Premier League leaders, Chelsea, and 12 from a Champions League berth, with nine matches left, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal