Rooney faces plastic surgery to rectify horrific Harry Potter `thunder-bolt` scar
Manchester: Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney may need plastic surgery to fix a disfiguring gash on his forehead, which he suffered in a horrific collision with teammate Phil Jones in a training ground.
According to The Daily Star, Rooney, 27, has been ruled out of England``s crucial World Cup qualifier against Ukraine on Tuesday and will be on the sidelines until his stitches are taken out after which, he will be offered surgery.
A source revealed that it was a pretty bad cut, which would leave an extensive scar, so surgery would go some way to cover it up. Wayne splashed out 30,000 pounds two years ago on a hair transplant and earlier this year, the star underwent a second hair op, the report said.
The player revealed a picture of his gruesome head injury on Facebook last week and his United teammates have nicknamed him Herman, after the horror spoof character Herman Munster, the report added. They might have taken it step further and christened Javier Hernandez Eddie Munster to be his sidekick, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates
- 'Rustom' POSTER: Akshay Kumar's intense act will leave you asking for more!