Rooney faces plastic surgery to rectify horrific Harry Potter `thunder-bolt` scar
Manchester: Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney may need plastic surgery to fix a disfiguring gash on his forehead, which he suffered in a horrific collision with teammate Phil Jones in a training ground.
According to The Daily Star, Rooney, 27, has been ruled out of England``s crucial World Cup qualifier against Ukraine on Tuesday and will be on the sidelines until his stitches are taken out after which, he will be offered surgery.
A source revealed that it was a pretty bad cut, which would leave an extensive scar, so surgery would go some way to cover it up. Wayne splashed out 30,000 pounds two years ago on a hair transplant and earlier this year, the star underwent a second hair op, the report said.
The player revealed a picture of his gruesome head injury on Facebook last week and his United teammates have nicknamed him Herman, after the horror spoof character Herman Munster, the report added. They might have taken it step further and christened Javier Hernandez Eddie Munster to be his sidekick, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid