Rooney hits back at claims of ‘flopped’ book
London: Manchester United star Wayne Rooney has hit back at claims that his latest book is a flop.
Rooney’s new book, ‘My Decade In The Premier League’ published by HarperCollins, has reportedly sold 6,000 copies in six weeks, the Daily Star reports.
However, a spokesman for the Manchester United ace, 26, insisted that the book would garner sales in the coming weeks.
“This book was always intended to target the market in the long run-up to Christmas. We remain confident of sales in the weeks ahead,” the spokesperson said.
‘My Decade in the Premier League’ is Rooney’s first hand account of his 10 years of playing at the highest level in English football, and his inside story of life on the pitch for Manchester United, the League titles, FA Cups, League Cups and Champions League adventures.
“A must for any Utd fan,” says the book’s description.
Rooney has also apparently given intricate details about every season he has spent in the Premier League and how it feels to be one the most celebrated footballers on the planet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands