Rooney hits back at claims of ‘flopped’ book
London: Manchester United star Wayne Rooney has hit back at claims that his latest book is a flop.
Rooney’s new book, ‘My Decade In The Premier League’ published by HarperCollins, has reportedly sold 6,000 copies in six weeks, the Daily Star reports.
However, a spokesman for the Manchester United ace, 26, insisted that the book would garner sales in the coming weeks.
“This book was always intended to target the market in the long run-up to Christmas. We remain confident of sales in the weeks ahead,” the spokesperson said.
‘My Decade in the Premier League’ is Rooney’s first hand account of his 10 years of playing at the highest level in English football, and his inside story of life on the pitch for Manchester United, the League titles, FA Cups, League Cups and Champions League adventures.
“A must for any Utd fan,” says the book’s description.
Rooney has also apparently given intricate details about every season he has spent in the Premier League and how it feels to be one the most celebrated footballers on the planet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog