Rooney is England`s only `world-class` striker: Redknapp
London: Queens Park Rangers (QPR) manager Harry Redknapp has said Manchester United star Wayne Rooney is England`s only true world-class striker at the moment.
Redknapp rejected suggestions that Rooney, who scored during England`s 8-0 rout against San Marino in a World Cup qualifying match on Friday, had lost his scoring ability.
"He never lost it. A player like him never does. He took his goal well last night and made a couple of chances for his team-mates," Redknapp wrote. "Rooney is a top, top player. I have said for a long time that he has been our one truly world-class striker.”
“He was left on the bench for one Manchester United game recently, against Real Madrid, by the manager for tactical reasons and then he is written off?" he added. "No chance. If this was one of his quieter games it`s understandable. It must have been hard for all those England players to lift themselves," he further wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet