Rooney is England`s only `world-class` striker: Redknapp
London: Queens Park Rangers (QPR) manager Harry Redknapp has said Manchester United star Wayne Rooney is England`s only true world-class striker at the moment.
Redknapp rejected suggestions that Rooney, who scored during England`s 8-0 rout against San Marino in a World Cup qualifying match on Friday, had lost his scoring ability.
"He never lost it. A player like him never does. He took his goal well last night and made a couple of chances for his team-mates," Redknapp wrote. "Rooney is a top, top player. I have said for a long time that he has been our one truly world-class striker.”
“He was left on the bench for one Manchester United game recently, against Real Madrid, by the manager for tactical reasons and then he is written off?" he added. "No chance. If this was one of his quieter games it`s understandable. It must have been hard for all those England players to lift themselves," he further wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II