Rooney is England`s only `world-class` striker: Redknapp
London: Queens Park Rangers (QPR) manager Harry Redknapp has said Manchester United star Wayne Rooney is England`s only true world-class striker at the moment.
Redknapp rejected suggestions that Rooney, who scored during England`s 8-0 rout against San Marino in a World Cup qualifying match on Friday, had lost his scoring ability.
"He never lost it. A player like him never does. He took his goal well last night and made a couple of chances for his team-mates," Redknapp wrote. "Rooney is a top, top player. I have said for a long time that he has been our one truly world-class striker.”
“He was left on the bench for one Manchester United game recently, against Real Madrid, by the manager for tactical reasons and then he is written off?" he added. "No chance. If this was one of his quieter games it`s understandable. It must have been hard for all those England players to lift themselves," he further wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees