Rooney is staying at Manchester United, says Moyes
London: David Moyes has insisted striker Wayne Rooney is not for sale and will remain a Manchester United player.
The new manager has given his first press conference since arriving at Old Trafford and insists the want away England international will not be sold and will remain a Red Devil.
The 50-year-old attended his first press conference as Sir Alex Ferguson`s successor at Old Trafford and immediately faced questions on Rooney`s future at the club.
Despite refusing to state whether the player categorically asked to leave the club, Moyes was adamant that the England international is not for sale and is working well under his management.
"I’m sure it’s a question on your lips and you couldn`t wait to get it out, but the fact of the matter is Wayne’s not for sale," Moyes told reporters.
"He`s a Manchester United player and will remain a Manchester United player. Let’s not kid ourselves, he’s a terrific player and he won’t be for sale.
"We’ve spoken several times and I’m saying whatever has happened before has gone, we’re working together now.
"I see a little glint in his eye at the moment. He looks happy, he looks as if he’s saying ‘I’m going to knuckle down, I’m going to get myself right’ and I can only say I’ve been impress with how he’s done."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!