Rooney learning golf from McIlroy to stop losing against teammates
London: Manchester United star Wayne Rooney is reportedly taking secret golf lessons from his friend and Northern Irish golf ace Rory McIlroy.
According to the Daily Star, Rooney has taken up the lessons as he hates losing in golf to his football teammates .
Sources said that whenever Rooney plays golf with the other United or England players, he always loses, for which he got in touch with McIlroy for private lessons to improve his game.
Meanwhile, the former manager of the Scotland national team Berti Vogts had said that he had once approached Rooney to ask him to play for Scotland.
Vogts, who was in charge of Scotland from 2002 to 2004, claimed that he was made aware of a potential family link when Rooney was a highly rated 16-year-old with Everton. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan