Rooney learning golf from McIlroy to stop losing against teammates
London: Manchester United star Wayne Rooney is reportedly taking secret golf lessons from his friend and Northern Irish golf ace Rory McIlroy.
According to the Daily Star, Rooney has taken up the lessons as he hates losing in golf to his football teammates .
Sources said that whenever Rooney plays golf with the other United or England players, he always loses, for which he got in touch with McIlroy for private lessons to improve his game.
Meanwhile, the former manager of the Scotland national team Berti Vogts had said that he had once approached Rooney to ask him to play for Scotland.
Vogts, who was in charge of Scotland from 2002 to 2004, claimed that he was made aware of a potential family link when Rooney was a highly rated 16-year-old with Everton. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state