Rooney may be showered with whopping one mln pound `bonus` amidst transfer ruckus
London: Manchester United player Wayne Rooney may reportedly receive a one million-pound windfall from his club as a part of a 250,000 pounds-a-week deal, even as he considers his future.
The bad news for the United striker is that he has been told his hamstring injury will sideline him for another month, which would rule him out of the Community Shield against Wigan at Wembley and almost certainly England`s showpiece friendly against Scotland three days later.
The report further said that his injury would also make Rooney a major doubt for the Premier League kick-off at Swansea on August 17.
However, amid the troubles, a ray of hope comes through for Rooney after increasing speculations that he may receive a one million-pound `bonus`, like every reward he gets under the terms of his contract for every year he remains at Old Trafford.
Despite the reports, Rooney remains unsure of his future at the club with those close to him claiming he feels he is getting some `mixed messages` from United, even though new boss David Moyes has insisted that he is not for sale and had also rejected a 20 million-pound bid by Chelsea.
The report also said that Rooney is adamant that he has not asked for a transfer like former boss Sir Alex Ferguson had claimed, adding that there is no possibility of the United and England striker requesting a move.
But the report said that Rooney is confused as to why United had not discussed a new contract yet when he has only two years remaining on his current deal and is waiting to see whether United`s new chief executive, Ed Woodward, wants to see him on his return from the tour.
Meanwhile, former United player Michael Owen has said that Rooney`s fierce desire to quit United stems from the bombshell dropped by Sir Alex Ferguson when he axed him for the Real Madrid game last season, adding that his omission in the Champions League clash confirmed that Robin van Persie was the new No.1 hitman at Old Trafford.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...