Rooney out for up to three weeks: Sir Alex Ferguson
London: The England international missed Manchester United`s 4-3 victory over Newcastle United with a slight knee ligament problem and is set to miss a run of games into the New Year.
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has ruled Wayne Rooney out of action for up to three weeks through injury.
The striker played in the 1-1 draw with Swansea on Sunday but was not involved as the Premier League leaders secured a 4-3 Boxing Day victory over Newcastle United late on.
The Scot has told MUTV the England international is struggling with a slight knee ligament problem and is facing two to three weeks out.
Sir Alex was also without Ashley Young with a knock, while Danny Welbeck was ruled out prior to the game through illness.
The Old Trafford club clinched a victory late on though as Robin van Persie struck before Chicharito`s winner in the closing stages.
Whereas Robin van Persie and Javier Hernandez stepped up to the mark in Rooney's absence.
Striker Danny Welbeck and defender Phil Jones also missed the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh