Rooney out for up to three weeks: Sir Alex Ferguson
London: The England international missed Manchester United`s 4-3 victory over Newcastle United with a slight knee ligament problem and is set to miss a run of games into the New Year.
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has ruled Wayne Rooney out of action for up to three weeks through injury.
The striker played in the 1-1 draw with Swansea on Sunday but was not involved as the Premier League leaders secured a 4-3 Boxing Day victory over Newcastle United late on.
The Scot has told MUTV the England international is struggling with a slight knee ligament problem and is facing two to three weeks out.
Sir Alex was also without Ashley Young with a knock, while Danny Welbeck was ruled out prior to the game through illness.
The Old Trafford club clinched a victory late on though as Robin van Persie struck before Chicharito`s winner in the closing stages.
Whereas Robin van Persie and Javier Hernandez stepped up to the mark in Rooney's absence.
Striker Danny Welbeck and defender Phil Jones also missed the game.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog