Rooney rubbishes reports about leaving Manchester United
London: Ace striker Wayne Rooney, who is recovering from a badly cut thigh, has rubbished reports about leaving Manchester United.
The England striker is recovering from a thigh injury that he suffered at the weekend against Fulham.
Boss Sir Alex Ferguson has always insisted that Rooney remains key to his plans, despite dropping him to the bench for Saturday’s win.
Dismissing speculation about leaving Old Trafford, Rooney tweeted: “Read the nonsense in the papers, and heard what people have to say. Absolute rubbish. Here to stay.”
Rooney faces at least four weeks out of action and will miss England’s upcoming games against Moldova and Ukraine, the Daily Star reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH