Rooney says fixtures around Christmas important for Man U’s PL title charge
London: Manchester United forward Wayne Rooney has claimed the jam-packed fixture list around Christmas has provided them a great opportunity to take an iron grip on the Premier League title race by winning their upcoming matches, starting from Newcastle United at Old Trafford on Wednesday.
United have a four-point lead at the top of the table but have struggled to look convincing as they bid to take the Premier League trophy back from Manchester City, Daily Mirror reports.
Rooney admitted he suffered one of his own worst days of the season as he was dragged off 12 minutes from the end of Sunday’s disappointing 1-1 draw at Swansea, the paper reported.
The England striker believes back-to-back home games against Newcastle and West Bromwich Albion provide United the ideal chance to stamp their authority on their rivals.
Rooney added that he had no problems in being substituted after having a poor game, and added that he had realized it wasn’t a good day for him on the field.
However, Rooney is happy that he has got a chance to make amends quickly against the Toons, and wants United to keep working to increase the gulf of points between them and City.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'