Rooney sent home from Manchester United tour after hamstring injury
Manchester United have sent Wayne Rooney home from their pre-season tour of Asia after the striker suffered a hamstring injury in training.
The want-away United striker had flown out to Thailand with the rest of the squad where he was expected to feature in David Moyes` first game in charge against Singha All-Star XI.
However, the 27-year-old has become the latest injury concern to hit the Premier League winners following a back problem picked up by Nemanja Vidic, and Rooney will now fly back to England for treatment.
“Following a scan this evening on a hamstring injury sustained in training, it has been decided that Wayne Rooney should return home immediately for further assessment and rehabilitation,” read a statement on the club`s website.
United`s medical team expect Rooney to be unavailable for selection for a month, which puts his participation in the club`s opening game of the Premier League season in doubt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city