Rooney sent home from Manchester United tour after hamstring injury
Manchester United have sent Wayne Rooney home from their pre-season tour of Asia after the striker suffered a hamstring injury in training.
The want-away United striker had flown out to Thailand with the rest of the squad where he was expected to feature in David Moyes` first game in charge against Singha All-Star XI.
However, the 27-year-old has become the latest injury concern to hit the Premier League winners following a back problem picked up by Nemanja Vidic, and Rooney will now fly back to England for treatment.
“Following a scan this evening on a hamstring injury sustained in training, it has been decided that Wayne Rooney should return home immediately for further assessment and rehabilitation,” read a statement on the club`s website.
United`s medical team expect Rooney to be unavailable for selection for a month, which puts his participation in the club`s opening game of the Premier League season in doubt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India