Rooney still considering move out of Manchester United
London: English striker Wayne Rooney has hinted that he still wants to quit Old Trafford and could even join Premier League rival club Chelsea, with a move to Stamford Bridge currently being debated.
Chelsea believes that they are in pole position to land the unsettled 25 million pounds striker and United boss David Moyes confirmed this week that he had met Rooney three or four times to discuss his future.
However, Moyes has stressed that the Englishman, who last night flew home from United`s pre-season tour with a hamstring injury, is not for sale.
The new Manchester United manager was expected to use the club`s three-week pre-season to have further talks with Rooney, but those plans were spoiled when the club revealed last night that Rooney was coming home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step