Rooney still considering move out of Manchester United
London: English striker Wayne Rooney has hinted that he still wants to quit Old Trafford and could even join Premier League rival club Chelsea, with a move to Stamford Bridge currently being debated.
Chelsea believes that they are in pole position to land the unsettled 25 million pounds striker and United boss David Moyes confirmed this week that he had met Rooney three or four times to discuss his future.
However, Moyes has stressed that the Englishman, who last night flew home from United`s pre-season tour with a hamstring injury, is not for sale.
The new Manchester United manager was expected to use the club`s three-week pre-season to have further talks with Rooney, but those plans were spoiled when the club revealed last night that Rooney was coming home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police