Rooney will stay at Old Trafford, says Cole
Former Manchester United marksman Andrew Cole believes Wayne Rooney will stay at Old Trafford this summer.
In May, Goal exclusively revealed that Rooney is `hell bent` on leaving United`, while the striker hinted that he is open to a move to Premier League rivals Arsenal in June.
Cole, however, believes the 27-year-old will stay with David Moyes` side as he would represent too big a loss for the club were he to leave.
"Everyone wants him to stay. He`s a wonderful player. If you lose a quality player like that you`re going to be disappointed," Cole said in Australia on Monday.
"I do believe he`s going to stay at Manchester United which is the most important thing."
Cole is also confident that new boss Moyes will succeed at United, despite being under immense pressure to deliver results in the wake of Sir Alex Ferguson`s trophy-laden 26-year stint at the club.
"David Moyes has come in. He`s done a wonderful job at Everton and I wish him well at Manchester United," he continued.
"I think we all know it`s going to be a very, very tough job to follow Sir Alex Ferguson but I really do believe he`ll do a very good job.
"Manchester United gave David Moyes a six-year contract so they believe in him. Naturally they`re going to give him time.
"Football now is always guided by results. It`s a results-driven business. As Manchester United, we`re very spoilt and very privileged that we`ve won so much over the past 25 years.
"We want it to continue, naturally, but everyone wants to win the big prizes. We know we`re going to find it tough but I think David Moyes will do a very good job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi