Roura full of praise for `important` Messi
Barcelona: Barcelona assistant coach Jordi Roura lauded Lionel Messi after he came on to help them through to the Champions League semi-final.
Messi was involved in the build-up play to Pedro`s equaliser as he darted in behind the PSG midfield before finding David Villa, who laid the ball off to Pedro to fire home.
Roura stated it was always planned for the Argentina international to make an appearance if things were not working out and that his introduction changed the game.
"We agreed with him before the match that he would come on if things weren`t going well. And that`s what we did,” Roura told AS.
"He`s such an important player that his presence affected the game. His introduction influenced our opponent. He showed his capacity to compete."
Roura, who was in temporary charge while Tito Villanova received treatment for cancer, was quick to praise the club for their consistency over recent seasons after they advanced on away goals, 3-3 on aggregate - creating a new record in the process.
"The team showed what they`re made of. Reaching [a record] six consecutive Champions League semi-finals is a real achievement.”
Barcelona will face either arch-rivals Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or Borussia Dortmund in the last four of the competition.
The draw will be made on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog