Russia call up uncapped pair for final qualifier
Moscow: Russia coach Guus Hiddink has called up two newcomers, FK Moscow midfielder Dmitry Tarasov and Lokomotiv Moscow defender Oleg Kuzmin, for his team`s final World Cup qualifier in Azerbaijan on Wednesday.
The Russians are assured of finishing second in Group Four regardless of the outcome in Baku following a 1-0 defeat by Germany in Moscow on Saturday.
Germany secured a place in next year`s finals and Russia will join them in South Africa if they win a two-legged playoff next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief