Russia call up uncapped pair for final qualifier
Moscow: Russia coach Guus Hiddink has called up two newcomers, FK Moscow midfielder Dmitry Tarasov and Lokomotiv Moscow defender Oleg Kuzmin, for his team`s final World Cup qualifier in Azerbaijan on Wednesday.
The Russians are assured of finishing second in Group Four regardless of the outcome in Baku following a 1-0 defeat by Germany in Moscow on Saturday.
Germany secured a place in next year`s finals and Russia will join them in South Africa if they win a two-legged playoff next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video