Russia floats tender for 2018 World Cup venue reconstruction
The Russian government Wednesday announced $612 million dollar tender to upgrade the venue for the 2018 World Cup final.
The tender, worth some 20 billion rubles, has been put on the government`s procurement, website zakupki.gov.ru, reports Xinhua.
The winner of the bid should finish reconstruction of Moscow`s Luzhniki Stadium in three-and-a-half years, ahead of the global football event.
The legendary Luzhniki stadium, built in 1956, hosted the 1980 Summer Olympics, the 2008 Champions League final and this year`s IAAF World Championships in August.
It will also be used for the football Confederations Cup in 2017, the opening match, a semi-final and the final of the 2018 World Cup.
In the original plan, the stadium had a holding capacity of 90,000 spectators. The refurbished venue will add 2,000 VIP seats, 2,000 places for media and 160 commentator positions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Five killed as house collapses in Andhra Pradesh
- Here’s why Lord Shiva is also known as Neelkantha
- Ravichandran Ashwin replaces Yashir Shah at the top of ICC bowler rankings
- Hubble peers into the core of a starburst galaxy – See pic!
- JuD medical team wants to visit Kashmir to treat injured, applies for Indian visa