Russia plans to offer Capello two-year deal
Moscow: The Russian FA plans to offer former England coach Fabio Capello a two-year deal to become the national team coach, said an official close to negotiations on Saturday.
The post became vacant after Euro 2012, when Dutchman Dick Advocaat stepped down following the country`s humiliating group-stage exit last month.
The Russian Football Union`s executive director Alexander Alaev and acting president Nikita Simonyan are to fly to Italy on Wednesday for talks with the 66-year-old Capello.
He is set to be offered a two-year contract with a two-year extension option, taking him through to the 2014 World Cup and its qualifying campaign.
Capello resigned after four years in charge of England in February, in protest at interference in team affairs from the country`s FA.
Capello has vast experience in the game, listing AC Milan, Juventus, AS Roma, Real Madrid among former clubs he has coached.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?