Russian club Anzhi in talks for Inter`s Eto`o
Moscow: Mega-rich Russian outfit Anzhi Makhachkala are in talks with Inter Milan over a possible transfer of Cameroonian forward Samuel Eto`o, the Serie A club revealed.
Italian press reports claim Anzhi, owned by Russian billionaire Suleyman Kerimov, have made a 30-million-euro bid for the former African footballer of the year and are prepared to pay him 60 million euros net over three years.
"It was an informal meeting. We listened to their proposal but as we`re talking about an important player it`s not a transfer that can be completed in one afternoon. We`ll meet again," Inter technical director Marco Branca told reporters.
The newspaper said Anzhi had sent a four-man delegation to Milan to thrash out a deal, including former Real Madrid striker Pedrag Mijatovic.
Eto`o, who was represented at the meeting by his agent Claudio Vigorelli, is believed to be holding out for a four-year deal with the same conditions.
Anzhi are based in the captial of the restless Russian Republic of Dagestan.
They play their home matches there but the players live and train in Moscow due to the low-level Islamic insurgency that has seen occasional spates of violence and terrorism break-out in the republic, which borders Chechnya.
However, businessman and philanthropist Kerimov has already managed to attract other star names to the club since buying it in January.
Former Brazil and Real Madrid left-back Roberto Carlos is the club captain while fellow Brazilian international Jucilei has joined from Corinthians.
Russian international Yuri Zhirkov joined the club in the summer from Chelsea while Anzhi made an unsuccessful bid to tempt AC Milan`s Gennaro Gattuso with an offer of 10 million euros a year.
The sale of Eto`o would free up Inter funds for a bid for Manchester City`s unsettled Argentina forward Carlos Tevez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails
- 'Narasimha Rao's pro Hindu mindset led to Babri mosque demolition'
- Brexit: Germany, France, Italy vow `new impulse` for European Union
- Euro 2016: Holders Spain knocked out by Italy in last 16