Russian club Anzhi in talks for Inter`s Eto`o
Moscow: Mega-rich Russian outfit Anzhi Makhachkala are in talks with Inter Milan over a possible transfer of Cameroonian forward Samuel Eto`o, the Serie A club revealed.
Italian press reports claim Anzhi, owned by Russian billionaire Suleyman Kerimov, have made a 30-million-euro bid for the former African footballer of the year and are prepared to pay him 60 million euros net over three years.
"It was an informal meeting. We listened to their proposal but as we`re talking about an important player it`s not a transfer that can be completed in one afternoon. We`ll meet again," Inter technical director Marco Branca told reporters.
The newspaper said Anzhi had sent a four-man delegation to Milan to thrash out a deal, including former Real Madrid striker Pedrag Mijatovic.
Eto`o, who was represented at the meeting by his agent Claudio Vigorelli, is believed to be holding out for a four-year deal with the same conditions.
Anzhi are based in the captial of the restless Russian Republic of Dagestan.
They play their home matches there but the players live and train in Moscow due to the low-level Islamic insurgency that has seen occasional spates of violence and terrorism break-out in the republic, which borders Chechnya.
However, businessman and philanthropist Kerimov has already managed to attract other star names to the club since buying it in January.
Former Brazil and Real Madrid left-back Roberto Carlos is the club captain while fellow Brazilian international Jucilei has joined from Corinthians.
Russian international Yuri Zhirkov joined the club in the summer from Chelsea while Anzhi made an unsuccessful bid to tempt AC Milan`s Gennaro Gattuso with an offer of 10 million euros a year.
The sale of Eto`o would free up Inter funds for a bid for Manchester City`s unsettled Argentina forward Carlos Tevez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore