Russian club Anzhi in talks for Inter`s Eto`o
Moscow: Mega-rich Russian outfit Anzhi Makhachkala are in talks with Inter Milan over a possible transfer of Cameroonian forward Samuel Eto`o, the Serie A club revealed.
Italian press reports claim Anzhi, owned by Russian billionaire Suleyman Kerimov, have made a 30-million-euro bid for the former African footballer of the year and are prepared to pay him 60 million euros net over three years.
"It was an informal meeting. We listened to their proposal but as we`re talking about an important player it`s not a transfer that can be completed in one afternoon. We`ll meet again," Inter technical director Marco Branca told reporters.
The newspaper said Anzhi had sent a four-man delegation to Milan to thrash out a deal, including former Real Madrid striker Pedrag Mijatovic.
Eto`o, who was represented at the meeting by his agent Claudio Vigorelli, is believed to be holding out for a four-year deal with the same conditions.
Anzhi are based in the captial of the restless Russian Republic of Dagestan.
They play their home matches there but the players live and train in Moscow due to the low-level Islamic insurgency that has seen occasional spates of violence and terrorism break-out in the republic, which borders Chechnya.
However, businessman and philanthropist Kerimov has already managed to attract other star names to the club since buying it in January.
Former Brazil and Real Madrid left-back Roberto Carlos is the club captain while fellow Brazilian international Jucilei has joined from Corinthians.
Russian international Yuri Zhirkov joined the club in the summer from Chelsea while Anzhi made an unsuccessful bid to tempt AC Milan`s Gennaro Gattuso with an offer of 10 million euros a year.
The sale of Eto`o would free up Inter funds for a bid for Manchester City`s unsettled Argentina forward Carlos Tevez.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi